We know condoms are used to protect you and your partner, but do you know how to safely use condoms?
In this article, we’ll share with you everything that you need to know about using a condom:
How to Put on And Take Off the Condom
1. Firstly, open the wrapper of the condom carefully.
2. Position the condom on the head of an erect and hard penis.
3. Pinch the tip of the condom to let air out.
4. Unroll the condom all the way down the shaft.
5. After the sex or penetration but before pulling out, hold the base of the condom then carefully pull out while holding the condom in place.
6. Slowly and carefully remove the condom, tie it and then throw it in the trash can. You may also wrap it up with a bathroom tissue.
Do’s and Don’ts on How to Safely Use Condoms
- Do read the package of the condom before buying, especially the expiration date.
- Do ensure that the packaging is free from indentions, tears and other distortions that may affect the actual condom.
- Do keep the condom in a cool and dry place. Condoms are made of rubber, when exposed directly to the sun, it may not be in the best shape or prone to breakage.
- Do use water-based or silicone-based lubricant to ensure the prevention of breakage during the sexual intercourse. TIP: If both parties are comfortable, and there is no lubricant on hand, use saliva.
- Do wear condoms before sexual intercourse.
- Don’t ever reuse a condom. Always stock up on these at all times.
- Don’t use other oil-based products such as baby oil or cooking oil as it would still cause breakage to the condom during sex.
- Don’t keep condoms in your wallet as the heat can cause breakage.
Learning the usage of birth controls like condoms is important. It is a form of respect towards your partner by keeping you both safe from possible infections that we obviously don’t want to acquire. It is the most common contraceptive and to know how to safely use condoms, you are aware of how to be careful using it and enjoy exploring your sensualities with your partner.
Bonus tip: Why should you use condoms?
Now you know how to safely use condoms, let us refresh why we sexually active couples are recommended to use it. Top of the list is that it is used for family planning. Unwanted pregnancy is observed once the couple uses this famous contraceptive. After all, it prevents the sperm from meeting with an egg of the female. Condoms are proven also to help prevent STDs or also known as Sexually Transmitted Diseases and HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). It also keeps it from contacting bodily fluids (such as semen and vaginal fluids) that may carry infections. Some STDs include Herpes and Genital Warts that spread through skin to skin contact. Keep in mind that only synthetic condoms (such as latex and plastic) are capable of preventing the spread of STDs.
Keyword phrase: How to Safely Use Condoms
Meta description: Do you know how to safely use condoms? In this article, we’ll share with you everything that you need to know about using a condom.